Marking & Engraving for Firearms
IDENTIFICATION MARKING ON FIREARMS AND WEAPONS
All firearms must be identified by a serial number and other specified markings as required by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) and the National Firearms Act (NFA). The serial number must be placed in a manner not susceptible of being readily obliterated, altered, or removed and must not duplicate any serial number placed on any other firearm. The serial number must be engraved or marked on the receiver of the firearm and the caliber, model, and identification of the manufacturer must be engraved on the barrel or frame or receiver of the weapon.
Applications for ATF Identification Marks
- 2D data matrices
- Serial number
- Name of manufacturer
- Country of origin
- Model designation
- Caliber or gauge markings
- Logos and graphics
- Name, city, and state of importer
GT SCHMIDT is an FFL licensed manufacturer of marking machines for engraving ATF required identification of firearms, rifles, pistols, shotguns, and other firearm components. Our marking systems can be equipped with part fixturing for holding and locating the firearms during the marking process, as well as readers and verifiers for 2D barcodes. GT SCHMIDT has the capabilities to completely customize any of our marking systems to perfectly fit your firearm identification needs.
- Reach compliance with ATF and FFL regulations
- Help pass local, state, federal, and international agency requirements
- Clear markings for firearm origin and manufacturing data
- Improve firearm descriptive and disposition data for the NTC
- Firearm frame, receiver, barrel, or slide
- Ammunition, shells, and casings
- Small arms, pistols, rifles, and shotguns
- Semi-automatic and automatic weapons
need a custom solution?
Our in-house design and engineering department has a full range of services and support to ensure that your marking application is successful.
Why GT SCHMIDT?
At GT SCHMIDT, we design, build, and implement marking solutions that help manufacturers leave a lasting mark on their products, their companies, and their industries.Learn More About Us