Join our family
There are jobs - and then there are careers. Become a part of our growing team, and be given the opportunities you've always wanted. A position that challenges you, one where you will learn new skills, and be surrounded by smart motivated people. Coworkers and supervisors who will listen to your ideas and ask for your contribution on best practices to keep this company moving forward. All of our positions offer competitive compensation, benefits and health care.
Our busy and growing Aerospace division has an immediate opportunity for a new energetic and ambitious team member. What we are looking for is an experienced CNC Operator/Programmer to set up and run CNC lathes and mills. Job purpose is to produce machined parts by programming, setting up, and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine; maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records; maintaining equipment and supplies.
Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, materials, specifications, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
Programs mills and lathes by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs.
Sets-up mills and lathes by installing and adjusting three- and four-jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, cams, gears, stops, and stock pushers; indicating vices.
Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run parts, and sample workpieces; adhering to international standards.
Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling, and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
Maintains equipment by completing preventative maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Applicant must have a minimum of 5 years of experience.
Please send your resume to Trevor Fawbush
GT SCHMIDT is looking for an experienced, driven, and energetic, field sales territory representative to help further solidify our foothold in the permanent part marking industry. Our equipment is used in countless manufacturing facilities across all industries including; aerospace, agriculture, automotive, defense military, dental, firearms, heavy construction equipment, medical, oil & gas, semiconductors & electronics, renewable energy, and more. Since 1895 GT SCHMIDT has been helping our customers leave a lasting mark on their products.
Advance your career by managing a multi-state territory covering the Great Plains for an industrial manufacturer that has been in business for over 125 years. The territory will likely include Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, and Arkansas.
Territory Sales Representative responsibilities include presenting our recommended products and services to new potential/existing customers, identifying specific consumer characteristics, and recommending ways to promote and sell our products. To be successful in this role, the candidate must have excellent communication abilities and be highly motivated to meet sales territory goals.
Ultimately, a successful candidate will make an impact to help GT SCHMIDT grow our customer base and further establish our reputation as a leader in the part marking industry.
- Act as a point of contact for existing and potential customers within assigned territory
- Qualify potential applications and recommend marking solutions to prospects across various market verticals
- Report on regional sales results (weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annually)
- Facilitate conversation around optimizing customer’s process/structure in relation to our products
- Sales prospecting and lead generation
- Answer customer questions about features, pricing, and additional services
- Cross-sell product categories when appropriate
- Collaborate with sales representatives from different territories to share best practices and support a cohesive sales approach
- Coordinate site visits and demos with prospects and current customers
- Company vehicle with all expenses paid
- 401K with company match
- Full insurance benefits
- Rewarding pay structure (base salary + uncapped commission)
- Demo equipment
- Well known company with a proven track record of success in the industry
- Work experience as a field sales representative (3+ years of application sales preferred)
- Experience with application sales including capital equipment
- Background in industrial manufacturing sales
- A minimum of 50% travel is required including overnight stays
- Solution selling capability working with multiple departmental teams
- Experience with CRM software (Salesforce)
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Resilient with a proven track record in sales
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
PLEASE SEND YOUR RESUME TO: Dave LaCosse
Why GT SCHMIDT?
At GT SCHMIDT, we design, build, and implement marking solutions that help manufacturers leave a lasting mark on their products, their companies, and their industries.Learn More About Us