Marking for Military & Defense
PART MARKING SYSTEMS FOR THE MILITARY AND DEFENSE INDUSTRY
The United States Department of Defense requires all equipment and parts sold to the military have permanent unique identification marks (UID). There are several specifications that must be met to be considered a proper mark. Even the material, types, and location of marks, and proper identifiers must be applied. These rules are mandatory for all contractors responsible for the sales and distribution of various products, parts, and other assets sold to the government.
MARKING APPLICATIONS FOR THE DEFENSE AND MILITARY INDUSTRIES
- MIL-STD-130 UID Marks
- Linear 1D Bar Codesand 2D Data Matrices
- IUID Labels and Nameplates
- Applicable Enterprise Identifier and MFR Number
- National Stock Number (NSN)
- NATO Commercial and Government Entity (NCAGE) Code
- Source Control Notation (SOCN), Source Control PIN
- Part or Identifying Number (PIN)
- Registration and Serial Numbers
For contract manufacturers of the military, following the compliance identification requirements is critical. GT SCHMIDT can provide the marking machinery to help you meet these detailed specifications for part identification. We manufacture laser marking and pin marking systems that can mark a wide variety of material including metals, plastics, painted and coated surfaces. All of our marking machines are capable of marking 1D barcodes and 2D data matrics as well as serial numbers, date codes, manufacturing identification, logos and any custom identifiers.
- Track accuracy of OEM product compliance
- Improved tracking, locating, and monitoring of materials
- Improved record keeping for retesting and recertification of equipment
- Avoid schedule and project delays
- Ensure safety and product regulations
- Improve on-site inventory management
- Government furnished equipment (GFE)
- Government furnished material (GFM)
- Aeronautical equipment and accessories
- Heavy machinery and construction equipment
- Tooling and raw materials
- Auxiliary Items
- Test Equipment
- Firearms, explosives, ammunition, and other weapons
need a custom solution?
Our in-house design and engineering department has a full range of services and support to ensure that your marking application is successful.
Why GT SCHMIDT?
At GT SCHMIDT, we design, build, and implement marking solutions that help manufacturers leave a lasting mark on their products, their companies, and their industries.Learn More About Us