WHAT ARE FIBER LASERS?
Fiber laser marking machines are solid-state diode pumped lasers that utilize fiber optics. They are the preferred technology for marking and engraving applications because they have the most application flexibility, the widest range of laser process capabilities, and can mark the largest variety of materials including all metals and some plastics.
Lasers are great marking solutions for many different applications but there isn't any one laser that can do it all. By offering four different laser types -- Infrared, Green, Ultraviolet, and MOPA -- in our GeoMARK and custom laser marking systems, we are able to provide solutions for a much wider range of applications.
Generally, these laser types have similar capabilities and characteristics. However, the specific qualities that distinguish one laser type from another can make it better for certain marking applications. Some lasers are more powerful and are better for engraving; some are faster and are best when short cycle times are required; some are capable of marking materials others cannot.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF FIBER LASERS?
- Fiber lasers can mark all metals, many plastics, and some ceramics.
- They have high power output and excellent beam quality and pointing stability.
- Fiber lasers have long pulse widths which generates more energy for deep-engraving metals.
WHAT ARE SOME COMMON FIBER LASER APPLICATIONS?
- Fiber lasers can mark all metals including aluminum, steel, iron, and brass, as well as some plastics and ceramics.
- Fiber lasers are used in every industry and are commonly used to mark tracking and identification data on medical equipment, automobile parts, and much more.
WHAT FIBER LASER MACHINES DO YOU HAVE?
A 20-watt pulse fiber laser comes standard in our GeoMARK line of lasers, and the GeoMARK Pro can be upgraded to a 30-, 50-, or 100-watt laser. If you require a fiber laser system built specifically for your marking application, we can custom-build a laser specific to your application that incorporates feeders, custom software, enclosures, and more.
need a custom solution?
Our in house design and engineering department has a full range of services and support to ensure that your industrial automation project is successful.
Why GT SCHMIDT?
At GT SCHMIDT, we design, build, and implement marking solutions that help manufacturers leave a lasting mark on their products, their companies, and their industries.Learn More About Us