MARKING PARTS FOR AEROSPACE AND AIRCRAFT COMPONENTS
The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and the US Department of Defense (DoD) require that certain aerospace parts and components be permanently marked with Unique Identification Marks (UID). These marks guarantee authenticity and traceability throughout the manufacturing process and lifetime use of the equipment. As with a variety of our industries, GT SCHMIDT manufactures laser systems for a wide number of aerospace applications including part marking, deep engraving, and fine surface annealing.
Outlined in our article regarding how our products keep you safe on a daily basis, GT SCHMIDT's commitment to the aerospace industry is clear. For more information on how GT SCHMIDT can help best serve your aerospace application, call us today and one of our sales reps will be happy to guide you.
MARKING APPLICATIONS FOR THE AEROSPACE INDUSTRY
- DoD and UID Markings
- FAA Identification and Registration Markings
- 1D Barcodes and 2d Data Matrices
- Serial Numbers, Part and Batch Numbers
- MFG Name and Model Designation
- Part Origin and Date of Manufacture
- Marks for Assembly, Position and Maintenance
- Type Certificate and Production Certificate Numbers
- Certification Symbols, Logos, and Graphics
Aerospace components routinely experience harsh conditions and extreme temperatures, therefore requiring the engraved information to be permanent and corrosion resistent.
- Permanent Identification
- Device Traceability
- Corrosion Resistant Marks
- Simplifies Product Recalls
- Improves Productivity
Due to the strict regulations and highly expensive components, having a reliable integrated part marking solution is essential for any aerospace manufacturer. GT SCHMIDT's marking systems, installation, training and follow up support services offer the perfect part marking solution for any aerospace identification application.
- Turbine blades and shafts
- Pumps and generators
- Panels and control switches
- Landing gears, brakes, actuators, and thrust components
- Assemblies, transmission gears, combustors
- Screws, bolts, nuts, and washers
Laser marking offers an extrememly efficient, uniform quality and precise method of marking aerospace parts. It provides corrosion resistent marks on a variety of aerospace component material including, aluminum, brass, carbide, platinum, silver, stainless steel and titanium.
need a custom solution?
Our in-house design and engineering department has a full range of services and support to ensure that your marking application is successful.
Why GT SCHMIDT?
At GT SCHMIDT, we design, build, and implement marking solutions that help manufacturers leave a lasting mark on their products, their companies, and their industries.Learn More About Us